Job Title: ICT Support Engineer
Reports to: Technical Director
Based at: Helios IT Ltd, Blaris Industrial Estate, 5 Altona Road, Lisburn, Co. Antrim, BT27 5QB
The post holder will provide day to day technical support to Helios’ client base. This will include help desk call handling, remote & on-site support, installations and project management.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
Providing remote and onsite support for Helios clients, working to a fixed SLA.
Troubleshooting hardware and software problems and providing assistance in troubleshooting network problems
Respond to faults and service requests notified by the service desk system, use the system to track progress in problem resolution and provide reports on all jobs
Assisting in client support activities to include, answering the telephone, responding to emails. Using the service desk system to track queries and following procedures for resource allocation, peripheral support, sales and distribution of software etc.
Coordinating as necessary the solution of problems on behalf of the client i.e. liaising with other staff members within the organisation, external suppliers etc.
Provide front line troubleshooting for some specialist applications.
Demonstrating an understanding of Helios’ business, its customers, competitors and the business impact of their actions and proposals.
Carrying out any other reasonable duties as directed by the directors in support of Helios’ activities.
The ideal candidate must have:
- A degree or equivalent 3rd level IT qualification or relevant industry experience
- Microsoft Certifications
- 6+ years working in an IT Support environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated team player, with the ability to thrive under pressure
- Displays organisation skills to prioritise requests and effectively maintain work activities
- Hold a clean driving licence and have use of a car
- Experience supporting and maintaining all versions of Windows Server through to 2012 R2
- Installation, imaging & maintenance of Windows Client
- Virtualisation: Hyper-V & VMware
- Management of network equipment (SonicWALL, Draytek, Netgear)
- Backup & replication software and processes
- Office 365 – Exchange, SharePoint etc.
- Top level DNS & domain name management
- Broadband maintenance & diagnostics
- VOIP systems
Please send your CV to jobs[@]heliosit.co.uk